The Sustainability Specialist is a standalone role and responsible for driving and implementing sustainable practices throughout our operations. You will deliver and implement the sustainability strategy for all areas of the business. The role is to make a tangible impact on reducing our impact on the planet and positively contribute to the communities we interact with. Ideally the would be based at Audiotonix HQ in Chessington, Surrey.
- Serve as a recognised authority and passionate advocate for sustainability across Audiotonix companies.
- Encourage and inspire positive change.
- Work with Senior Leadership to review, continually develop, and implement a comprehensive ESG Strategy with attainable goals alongside industry best practices and corporate objectives.
- Be able to balance sustainability with the commercial needs of the business.
- Drive initiatives to reduce environmental impact, including but not limited to carbon emissions, waste management, and energy efficiency.
- Develop sustainable sourcing and procurement practices, ensuring compliance with ethical and environmental standards across our supplier base.
- Align our ESG strategy with the UN 17 Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collaborate with product design and development teams to promote sustainable product innovation, identifying opportunities for material selection, product lifecycle analysis.
- Conduct regular sustainability forums and assessments with business leads to monitor and track progress towards sustainability goals, providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Be the champion for sustainability across our business.
- Develop and implement training and educational materials that foster a strong sustainability culture among employees.
- With the ESG Leadership team set sustainability strategy, goals and KPIs.
- Research and recommend the most appropriate reporting framework for our business, such as Science Based Targets.
- Take ownership of gathering data on Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions.
- Take ownership of Streamlined Energy Carbon Reporting (SECR).
- Take ownership of Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) reporting.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant regulations and certifications related to sustainability, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for obtaining eco-labels and accreditations.
- Build and maintain relationships with external sources to stay informed about emerging trends and best practices in sustainability.