Solid State Logic Launch SSL CONNEX: Premium USB Microphone
Solid State Logic (SSL), the world’s leading manufacturer of music and audio production tools, has drawn on its 50 years of expertise in top-flight professional markets to create SSL CONNEX: a groundbreaking USB microphone that sets a new standard for convenient, high quality audio capture. Whether the application is conferencing, live streaming, or portable music recording, SSL CONNEX is a sleek, no-compromise solution that is portable, easy to use and features advanced DSP taken directly from SSL’s market leading studio and broadcast production tools.
Compatible with MAC/PC and USB equipped tablets, SSL CONNEX works with all major videoconferencing platforms and is not only the perfect high quality audio companion for office, working from home and remote videoconferencing, but is also suitable for podcasting, live streaming or music capture. Its USB powered design means great sound at home or on-the-move. Measuring just 9cm x 9cm x 4cm, SSL CONNEX can be used on a flat surface or easily mounted to a microphone arm or camera stand.
“SSL CONNEX is the ultimate ‘portable problem solver’ for today’s fast-paced digital age,” commented Enrique Perez, Solid State Logic’s CTO. “We are excited to apply our decades-long expertise to bring one of the most useful, high-quality and value-based audio products to the consumer market. Whether you are a remote worker, an international jetsetter, an inspired content creator or a musician, SSL CONNEX is an extremely high-quality solution that will help deliver and capture your ideas with immediacy and clarity.”
SSL CONNEX microphone and DSP modes
SSL CONNEX is a technology powerhouse, in a sleek portable formfactor. It’s high-quality, precision quad microphone array is acoustically designed thanks to its efficient decoupling mechanism and powered by sophisticated studio quality sound processing / DSP. Developed using Solid State Logic’s deep understanding of music and audio production, four tailored ‘user modes’ are available to achieve the best sound in any scenario. For people pushing the boundaries of creation, an advanced immersive mode is also available:
White: Solo mode: Optimized for a single sound source from the front of the unit, e.g. conference / WHF calls or live streaming with a single presenter. SSL CONNEX is optimized for speech coming from the front while reducing unwanted sound from back and side faces. Struggling to make clear calls in a busy office, café or airport lounge, ‘White: Solo mode’ is the answer.
Green: Group mode: Designed for multiple sound sources e.g. round table conference call or live streaming with multiple presenters, SSL CONNEX’s quad microphone array and automatic smart mixer means all presenters are clearly heard and unwanted background noise eliminated.
Magenta: Vocal mode: Vocal mode is for when inspiration hits and you just have to record that performance. Utilising legendary SSL EQ and dynamics processing algorithms to enhance your recording or live stream, Vocal mode will reject sound from the sides and rear of SSL CONNEX making your performance absolutely sing.
Blue: Music mode: Designed for a group of musicians positioned around SSL CONNEX, Blue: Music mode allows creativity as a group be captured in all its collaborative glory. SSL CONNEX intelligently alters the sensitivity of the microphone array to reduce the noise floor and unwanted background noise. Blue: Music mode accepts louder signals as commonly found on acoustic instruments. Combine this with SSL CONNEX’ sophisticated studio quality processing and you’re on the way to a great sounding track.
Immersive: All four modes feature an advanced immersive recording setting. This allows you to access each of the four individual mic sources for the purpose of immersive and spatial recordings or broadcasts.
High quality headphone output, intelligent interface
On the front of SSL CONNEX is a high quality, powerful, 3.5mm headphone output, which provides ultra-clear audio to your headphones during video calls, recording sessions, or just listening to your favorite music through SSL’s professional quality audio converters. The headphone output also has a loopback option, which is useful for ambient ‘room’ monitoring. An intelligent touch-sensitive interface at the top of the unit provides options to adjust headphone levels, microphone muting, ‘push-to talk’ and the ability to cycle through the four different DSP settings, as well as accessing immersive mode. A back-lit, colored SSL panel allows users to quickly identify both the microphone muting state and which DSP setting is currently activated.
- Portable advanced USB microphone with high quality quad condenser microphone array for conferencing, content creation and recording.
- Sleek portable design, using high quality components.
- Optimised studio quality processing using SSL EQ and dynamics algorithms taken from professional studio and broadcast products.
- Acoustically designed decoupled microphone capsules.
- Four pre-set user modes:
- Solo (directional; e.g. individual use for conference calls, podcasting, streaming)
- Group (e.g. round table discussions)
- Vocal (e.g. recording singing, narration, rapping)
- Music (e.g. recording loud sources)
- Advanced immersive mode to access individual mic signals.
- Optimised mixer settings to make sure everyone’s heard.
- High power 3.5 mm headphone output for crystal clear audio.
- Microphone Loopback option for ambient monitoring.
- Touch-sensitive controls to adjust headphone level and mute the mic.
- ‘Cough Switch’ and ‘Push To Talk’ features for temporarily muting/unmuting the mic.
- Backlit RGB illuminated Solid State Logic logo indicates mic mute state and user mode.
- 1⁄4” camera tripod thread in base with included mic stand thread adapter for flexible mounting options.
- 2 m USB Type C to C cable and USB Type C (female) to Type A (male) adapter included.
- USB powered.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
- Works with Laptop or USB tablet.
For more information, please visit the SSL CONNEX product page at: https://store.solidstatelogic.com/SSLCONNEX